Build your OWN wordpress website in 2 days
Weekend Workshop 101
Build a WordPress Website In One Weekend
If you’re a do-it-yourselfer, this is the class for you! In just two days, you’ll have a mobile-friendly, high-quality WordPress website fully functioning and live online! Our WordPress team will walk you throough the process step-by-step.
What You Will Learn:
- WordPress installation
- Page Creation
- Menu Setup
- Branding/Logo placement
- Blog Creation
- Theme selection & Customizing
- How to create a slideshow
- How to add images
- How to add testimonials
- How to add videos
- How to add social media
- How to install plugins
This workshop will:
- Start at the beginning and is geared to those with little to no experience. No previous coding skills are required.
- Be the best way to create a mobile-friendly WordPress website for an affordable price.
- Help you understand how to maintain and update your website on your own.
- Guide you in choosing the right theme for your website.
- Let you rub elbows and network with other non-profits and community partners from the Coeur d’Alene, Post Falls and Spokane area.
- Show you how to improve the over-all quality of content on your website so those visiting stick around for more.
- Serve as a fast way to better understand WordPress and put its power in your hands.
This workshop is NOT:
- For learning how to customize your CSS or PHP files.
- About how to build a completely custom designed website that is unlike any other.
- Going to give you information on how to set up a full shopping, store or e-commerce website.
- About the principles of design or include information on how to use Adobe Photoshop.
- Going to provide you with SEO or keyword-rich content writing know-how
- A “Learn How To Use Your Computer” class. If you need this, we are happy to schedule one:one classes with you until you are ready to take WordPress Bootcamp.
what To Bring?
Although this class is geared toward teaching those will little to now technical website skills, it will be rich in content and fast-paced. The workshop will run from Saturday, 9am – 4pm (one hour lunch break) and Sunday 1pm – 4pm. You will need to be able to maintain your attention throughout the entire workshop.
You will need to complete the pre-class assignment (which will be sent automatically upon registration). You’ll need to bring your own (or a borrowed) LAPTOP (pc or mac) with you each day with the appropriate power cord, mouse and ability to connect to a local Wi-Fi network.
Bring some snacks, drinks and be prepared to have a ton of fun while eliminating the overwhelm of building and managing your own website.